Monday, March 4, 2013

A good day

We've been having such a mild winter, we've even hit the double digits above zero, but Sunday brought freezing temps and several inches of snow
 (good thing I did my errands and grocery shopping on Saturday!). 
 
Sunday was a good day to stay home,
 admire the fresh snowfall,
 
 
 bake some bread,

Mmmm...  homemade whole grain bread - my favourite! I've shared the recipe and a tutorial so you can make some too! (click here)
 
chop fresh veggies for a huge pot of lentil soup,
 

and  work on handstitching the binding on my Orange Twirl quilt!
 

 Check out those Wonderclips holding my binding in place.  First time I've used them - I think they're great!
P.S.  Thanks to all of you that voiced your thoughts on my last post.  Rather than unpick all my quilting, I decided to give myself a night to think on it -  I think I needed to just step back from it.  Turns out, the quilting wasn't as bad as initially perceived, so I went ahead with the quilting and finished it! ;o)
Now, if the weather will warm up a bit, I will see if I can get a couple of helpers to hold the quilt for a little photo shoot. 

6 comments:

  1. Mild winter THERE, and Siberian winter HERE ... what's wrong with this picture???! I DEMAND A RECOUNT!! :D I'm sending hubby to your house - he LOVES lentil soup, and I've never made it for him :D Maybe I should be a good lil wifey (for once, LOL) and make him a big pot - it's certainly soup weather here, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Tomorrow the low is -10C ... but on Wednesday it'll be a balmy -3C!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. homemade bread and soup on a snowy (well blizzard like) day is perfect. We had roast beef and mashed potatoes. Orange Twirl is going to look like a Creamsicle in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love snow days if you don't need to be anywhere, but I have to say I'm not sorry we're coming to the end of winter. I am craving sunshine and gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfect day to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your day sounds lovely - full of the puttery bits that make for contentment and satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect ingredients for a snowy day...soup and bread...my fav!

    Glad you didn't do anything rash about the quilting...I think it will be lovely and remember quilts are to be admired as a whole...not 6 inches from your nose :o)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...