A good day

We've been having such a mild winter, we've even hit the double digits above zero, but Sunday brought freezing temps and several inches of snow
 (good thing I did my errands and grocery shopping on Saturday!). 
 
Sunday was a good day to stay home,
 admire the fresh snowfall,
 
 
 bake some bread,

Mmmm...  homemade whole grain bread - my favourite! I've shared the recipe and a tutorial so you can make some too! (click here)
 
chop fresh veggies for a huge pot of lentil soup,
 

and  work on handstitching the binding on my Orange Twirl quilt!
 

 Check out those Wonderclips holding my binding in place.  First time I've used them - I think they're great!
P.S.  Thanks to all of you that voiced your thoughts on my last post.  Rather than unpick all my quilting, I decided to give myself a night to think on it -  I think I needed to just step back from it.  Turns out, the quilting wasn't as bad as initially perceived, so I went ahead with the quilting and finished it! ;o)
Now, if the weather will warm up a bit, I will see if I can get a couple of helpers to hold the quilt for a little photo shoot. 

Comments

  1. Mild winter THERE, and Siberian winter HERE ... what's wrong with this picture???! I DEMAND A RECOUNT!! :D I'm sending hubby to your house - he LOVES lentil soup, and I've never made it for him :D Maybe I should be a good lil wifey (for once, LOL) and make him a big pot - it's certainly soup weather here, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Tomorrow the low is -10C ... but on Wednesday it'll be a balmy -3C!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. homemade bread and soup on a snowy (well blizzard like) day is perfect. We had roast beef and mashed potatoes. Orange Twirl is going to look like a Creamsicle in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love snow days if you don't need to be anywhere, but I have to say I'm not sorry we're coming to the end of winter. I am craving sunshine and gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfect day to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your day sounds lovely - full of the puttery bits that make for contentment and satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect ingredients for a snowy day...soup and bread...my fav!

    Glad you didn't do anything rash about the quilting...I think it will be lovely and remember quilts are to be admired as a whole...not 6 inches from your nose :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!