Monday, December 1, 2014

Making a start

December!?! Goodness, I'm not sure how we can already be starting the last month of the year.  It's going to be a busy month, but I decided I just couldn't miss out on joining Julianna's Last Minute Christmas Sampler.  Her patterns are so charmingly festive looking, that I really couldn't resist. ;o)  I'm going to stitch up as many blocks as I can for some projects I have in mind in between working on the other sewing items on my list.  That's the plan, anyways.  We'll see how that goes.
 
Christmas QAL
 
Choosing to participate was easy, the tougher choice for me was settling on a palette to use to base my fabric choices on.  I'm determined to sew from my stash and wanted to mix things up by not going totally traditional with colour choices.  Design Seeds to the rescue!
 
 
I love fresh, happy colours and the palette idea above, caught my fancy.  It lead to a fabric auditioning session that has pretty much taken over my sewing table, but boy, do I feel inspired!
 

Last evening, I finally started the first paper piecing block that Julianna shared for the QAL - *Christmas Trees.  I'm hooked.   Uh-oh.  I believe it's going to be hard to stick to my sewing list now. I'm totally smitten with sewing these blocks. ;o)


*Julianna has already given the patterns for four blocks so far, with more to come - all are conveniently linked up on one blog post (click here).

8 comments:

  1. I love your color palette, Katherine.... great fabrics! I'm only following along... and have downloaded the patterns for a later date. Can't wait to see how yours turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect fabrics!!! Thanks for sharing this fun QAL - I picked up these first four and can't wait to start playing with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fabrics are great. I went over to Juliana' site. Great blocks. I'll download them for later, if I have time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fabrics...love the trees! I need to check out that site, though that would mean I might just get totally off track with my other projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your fabric pull for this project- so fresh and fun! I downloaded the first pattern but haven't had time to even look at it! Yours is just beautiful, as always Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was waiting for this post and to find out what are you planning:) The palette you have chosen is gorgeous! And sooo unique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katherine! I'm so happy to see that you are making these blocks! For sure it's difficult to stop. I collect the patterns and hope to make them during the Christmas. Beautiful Fabrics and colours! Great to see the blocks also on your table to realize the size. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I love the pattern and the fabrics you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...