Pretty Please

I just put the final stitches into my first quilt finish for 2012!  A pretty nice finish to my week and such a pleasure to make, so I'm calling this one, "Pretty Please".   I'm sure if you read here regularly, you will recognize the block as being the same scrappy bento box that I gave a tutorial on a couple months back (I also have a tutorial to show how to make a pillow from this block).  I just couldn't stop making those blocks - how could I resist the energy of all those reds?
I decided to quilt a wavy line grid to play off all those straight lines in the block design.  I want to keep trying different ways of machine quilting for each of my quilts, even though I always feel I should just meander or stipple quilt ( because I really enjoy that form of free motion quilting ;o).

For the binding, I was really happy to be able to re-use this lovely chocolate brown fabric that I unpicked from a quilt top I decided to take apart.

Check out the crazy back on my quilt!  The plaid is a lovely brushed cotton, so the quilt is extra soft. Obviously, I didn't have quite enough for the whole back,  so I threw in some left over bento box blocks and pieces to make up the shortage.  It's certainly not boring, is it? ;o)

Now all those scrappy red cushions I stitched up have themselves a co-ordinating quilt.  Looks about right for cozy spot to read a good book or for movie watching, don't you agree?

Pretty Please is being linked to Finish it Up Friday over at Crazy Mom Quilts.

Comments

  1. Very pretty! I love controlled palette scrappy quilts like that almost as much as I love crazy-wild scrappy quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Quilt is beautiful! Love that wavy line quilting! Thanks for sharing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really am enjoying this quilt. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GREAT quilt. Classic red and creamy white...PLUS pillows to match! Yes. Very cozy indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty Please is Mighty Fine!! The reds are just so rich and luscious (as a proud redhead, I'm not biased at all, LOL) :) The patchworky pieced back was a design decision, YES!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow you worked super quick to have that finished already. Looks greate and I will have to check out the tut. Great quilt to have out for Valentine's soon enough. Enjoy the chinooks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous quilt and I am loving the back as much as the front!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's absolutely beautiful and I love the matching cushions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very lovely and a perfect way to get yourself into the new year.
    I am trying to get myself up to making a quilt. I have all the pieces but haven't been inspired on the design Your Bento box is really delightful and intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! I love the reds! I love all the different reds come together! I backing is also very nice! The pillows and the quilt are so nice together~ ( I'd love to make a bento box for myself).

    ReplyDelete
  11. red and white..... yum yum! thanks for sharing... lucky you that it is yours! wishfully wanting one for me :) janita

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nicely done quilt! I love the design and it really suits in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love, love this quilt and the pillows! It all makes me just want to crawl right into that corner!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGosh..this is just BEAUTIFUL! I love it in Reds!! What FUN and it looks so warm and cozy! I really like your pillows too! Thanks so much for teaching the block at SEW WE QUILT I enjoyed it and will definitely be using it in a full quilt instead of just a block :)
    Happy Quilting,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!