WIP Wednesday

 After tackling free motion quilting my king-size quilt on my vintage 201 Singer, I knew that it could handle anything. :o)    This time around, it's a much smaller quilt - my version of Modern Maples.

Just as soon as this quilt is complete, I have another one waiting on my design wall behind me. :o)

Once again, I'm using a foot that belongs to my modern Janome sewing machine.  Since both machines are low- shank, it means that I can use the walking foot with its seam guide on my Singer.  Woohoo! I couldn't be happier with how well it's going. 


If all proceeds as hoped,  I will have a finish to share soon.

Comments

  1. I look forward to seeing your MM quilt. ..I'm waiting on some bee blocks and I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed with your FMQ and the versatility of your walking foot! Modern Maples is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A king size? Boy you are brave.
    I love all those leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I come visit? I just can't get the hang of free motion quilting and since you tackled a king-size quilt, I think you'd be the perfect teacher! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the background of the first picture - everything works together so beautifully! MM is going to be gorgeous - no surprise there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful photo there! Looking forward to seeing your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm intrigued! Loving that Architextures fabric for the background, Katherine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I look forward to seeing the finish, I think that the straight line quilting is going to be the perfect compliment to the piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's wonderful to see the old machine still in use and doing such an amazing job.....with you guiding it, of course. I'm looking forward to seeing the finish on this one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!