WIP Wednesday - Making Mini Mushrooms

Summer is almost at an end, and harvest time is right around the corner.  Perhaps like me, you're looking for a quick and simple sewing project.  Something to make just for the fun of it!




How about a mini mushroom made from scraps?


Who knew mushrooms could be so pretty, right?  I've made two, so far. 

There's so many ideas popping into my head for ways to use these delightful minis. How about a garland of them? Or for a key chain? Or fill a bowl of them for fall decorating?  They are just to cute to resist and take very little fabric! 


The cute and free pattern to sew mini mushrooms, can be found over at Evening Gatherings .  Just be aware that the tutorial is in Russian (use Google translate or just follow all the photos - the pattern is a simple one to follow) and that I would recommend enlarging the pattern. I increased the size of my version, to have the circle for the underside of the mushroom at just under 3" in diameter and I used a 1/4" seam allowance and kept my stitch length shortened (to eliminate popping stitches when turning for stuffing). 

Looking for more mini mushrooms to inspire you?  Pop onto to Instagram and type in the hashtag mushroomsewalong  and I bet it won't take you long before you're pulling out some pretty scraps to make your own versions!

Comments

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!