WIP Wednesday - Mini Terrific Tulips

My Tilda fabric scraps are getting my sewing attention again this week. 


I am making progress on turning pretty scraps into a second prototype for a design I created awhile back, using an adaptation of my terrific tulip block . I've bounced back and forth a bit on whether I should turn it into a pattern, due to the scale of the pieces in this project.


This is the project I was working on prior to getting sidetracked and making this sweet pouch.

I am leaning towards writing the pattern, in part because I know I like a mix of challenging and easy designs to choose from in my own sewing - and I believe that I am likely not alone in this.  Plus, I am  loving this design so much and would love to see more versions of it made - which is perhaps the most fun part of putting a pattern out in the world for others to use.

What are your thoughts on tiny patchwork? Do you find it too fiddly or do you enjoy it (perhaps every now and then as an occasional bit of sewing)?   Would love to hear your thoughts!

EDITED: This design is now a PDF pattern! You can find it HERE.

Comments

  1. I absolutely LOVE the fabric colors/prints you are using for your tulips. I see a cute butterfly too.

    I don’t mind tiny patchwork. But it would never turn into a quilt of more than wall decor size. And even more likely it would be a pillow cover. And for sure a postcard. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I’d have to see more of it before deciding. I don’t mind working small to produce a larger quilt, as long as it’s not repetitive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like tiny piece-work sometimes, especially when you get to use the last little bits of some favorite prints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for writing the pattern! It is very cute and I like the challenge of smaller blocks with little pieces as long as I don't try to turn it into a king size top. 😉
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine not liking anything you create and design. I'm smitten as you well know but only as an admiring observer. I'm not a sewer, but I think your tiny patchwork, although tiny, has a definite charm ... and people who like close up detail work will certainly enjoy the challenge.

    So, I'd say do write the pattern. xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know my thoughts on this! I love the idea of this pattern Katherine! If you need a pattern tester, please me know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like working small every now and then. I think I see a butterfly among the tulips!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!