Scrappy Pink Treasure Hunt Blocks

Soft romantic pinks and creamy low volume prints were selected for this version of the Treasure Hunt block, which I made and sent to Jennifer.

If you are looking for a simple, yet striking foundation paper piecing pattern, this block is for you! The Treasure Hunt block is given as a free pattern on Alyce's blog, Blossom Heart Quilts and was selected as the block to sew in July, in the Pink Bee 2019.




Dreamy soft pinks from some older fabric lines have been tucked away in my stash, just waiting for  their time to shine!

The fabric requests by Queen Bee, Jennifer, were to use less saturated pinks and creamy, not white, low volume fabrics for her blocks.  I knew I had a few of just such fabrics tucked away in my stash and using them, was a lovely change from the bolder pinks I usually sew with!


My favourite needle book pattern is from the book: Retro Mama Scrap Happy Sewing by Kim Kruzick


I couldn't resist sewing a scrappy pink needle book to send to Jennifer, along with her block - all made from the same sweet romantic fabrics!







Paper pieced blocks make for easy alignment of seams!









The second version of the Treasure Hunt block is my keeper block and made from scraps to match the rest of the blocks in my pink sampler quilt!

Curious to see how my Pink Sampler blocks look together?  Here's a sneak peek of some of my pretty pink blocks all sewn during the Pink Bee 2019!


My Pink Sampler quilt, will have 12 setting blocks and then 12 sampler blocks - all made from a scrappy mix of happy pinks and fun low volume background fabrics.  There is only one sampler block left to be revealed to the bee - once it has been shared and my keeper version made, I will work on my final layout.  It's been an amazing year filled with sewing fun blocks in some of my favourite pink fabrics and I am quite excited to think I will have a beautiful quilt to remember it all!

Comments

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!