Scrappy Ray Block


 The second online quilt bee I have been sewing blocks for this year, is the Rainbow Bee and I have had the pleasure of stitching with a talented and global group of ladies!  For the month of October, Queen Bee, Jasmine selected the Ray Quilt block and requested a rainbow of soft colours for the center of these paper pieced blocks, mixed with happy low volume fabrics for the "rays".




Wee frogs, clothespins and colourful straight pins all add their charm to this Ray Block!

Knowing that Jasmine would be using these blocks to sew a quilt for one of her young daughters, I made a point of selecting some whimsical fabrics to include in my two blocks.  Here's where my love of collecting a variety of low volume fabrics, gets center stage in this charming block!

Butterflies, balloons and paper dolls make for some "I spy" fun in this Ray Block!

Again, this paper piecing block was an easy one to sew.  Definitely a beginner friendly block and will make a fabulous quilt.  I believe it took longer to select the fabrics than to sew the blocks!

Comments

  1. I love your blocks and the low volume color scheme. I’m sure your queen bee will be delighted. As well as her daughter when she gets the quilt made with all the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a way with scraps! These are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very adorable and spiffy. I have a warehouse full of scraps.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!