Gift revealed...


Here is the gift I gave you a sneak peek of a week ago. Yes, another zip top pouch made from linen and cotton. My friend mentioned how much she liked the first "bluebird" bag I made, so I thought I couldn't go wrong making her one of her own. The pattern for the pouch comes from the book Sew Pretty Homestyle and the applique was my idea. The back of the bag needed nothing more than a wee bit of vintage ric rac to adorn it. I love those polka dots!
I also used the green linen to make a sachet to match. It's made like a pillow cover. Merely, a square with a very simple applique design on the front, with a lapped back so that I can tuck a "pillow" filled with dried lavender I grew inside the linen sachet. It smells heavenly!
I couldn't resist showing you the splash of blue that I used to line the bag and the pretty vintage trim that I attached to the zipper pull. I wish my photos showed the colours more accurately. The turquoise blue and the lime green play off each other so well. Such happy colours that remind me of my friend. ;o)

Comments

  1. Great to see the finished product! The birdie bag looks so sweet and fresh in aqua and green, and the lavender sachet looks great. Lucky you for having your own supply of lavender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little pouch. I love the fabrics you used. They remind me of a fresh spring morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bird-pouch Katherine! I’m making one like that, I think it could be from the same book...?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww what a cute little pouch. I was a little off but I was trying to think outside the box. Great fabrics and love the little birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute, Katherine! the ric rac adds a nice detail on the pouch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this little bag............very cute.....pretty colours

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just the cutest little thing. Love the little birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katherine this is lovely, and all the materials compliment each other perfectly. Yet another fabulous creation from you. Your friend is going to be over the moon. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am over the moon! I love it! This little bird just makes me smile everytime I see it. I used the pouch as a wallet at the Farmers Market today. Thank you soooo much Katherine! Ohhhh, and the lavender pillow..... hmmmmm... you're the best!
    xojacq

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello from Hungary! That is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Katherine!
    Such a cute little bag and sachet cover, LOVE the bluebird!

    And yes, applique is addicting! I am having a great time with the technique you showed me. I still would've been fumbling around with my zigzag if it weren't for you.

    Kimberly :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the bird! I like making pouches too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a delightful little bird pouch :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!