Star Quilt along Block for Week # 7

Finishing this block means that I'm one block from being on par with the blocks given by Amandajean in the Star Quilt along. Thanks to better lighting (a sunny day), the colour of my background fabric is looking truer in my photos, so you can tell it's aqua blue and not white, that I've paired with bright red for my blocks. I can't tell you how happy these colours are making me.

I've also sewn together about half of the setting blocks needed for the quilt top.
It's so exciting to lay out the blocks and realize that I'm about half done the quilt top. The hardest part will be waiting for the final star blocks to be revealed over the next few weeks because now that I'm this far into making the quilt, I just want to keep going and complete it!

Comments

  1. I can't wait to see this all laid out together. You are doing a great job on those stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always pretty, your colors

    Here we say: "you must have woodworm in your fingers" (To be in a fidget)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katherine, those colours are amazing. What a fabulous eye you have!
    I always mean to join along on a quilt along but I'm still working on finishing the quilt I started last fall. Eek!!! I'll try for the next one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I've said before how much I love your color choices! It's going to be a stunning quilt. I'm behind again...maybe tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!