Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tiny Tot Apron

I've been working with some apron ideas lately. Here's a first attempt at a simple apron design for the smallest cook in the house. It's based on a vintage pattern and the cupcake print seemed made to order for this project. Obviously I don't have a little girl of my own to model this for you, so here's my sewing chair standing in as the model. ;o)

The straps criss-cross the back to button onto the front.
I love this fabric and the vintage mini ric-rac (thanks to my favourite thrift store for that happy find...). I think it is the perfect finishing touch.
Now, if only I had made this apron large enough for myself....





17 comments:

  1. Soooo cute!! Make yourself a cupcake apron!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet apron you have made Katherine!! Perfect match of model, fabric and haberdashery... :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous. Now you just need a little model to try it on.
    Andi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your model looks a lot more co-operative than mine!!!

    Superbly sweet apron! Love those cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh my little girl would be happy to model this for you! **nudge nudge wink wink ;)**

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a SWEET apron you made. I would love to have the pattern for it. I have a new granddaughter that will surely need one in a few years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet! I love the attention to the details...the ricrac and the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is adorable. you are so right..the ric rac makes it special!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow..so pretty, i love the model and the cupcake fabric..hmmm super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This would be a great idea for a mother-daughter apron! My little granddaughters would be so cute wearing one of these. You should make it into one for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is SO cute! Perfect for a little kitchen helper!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! The little cupcake print is perfect for an apron.
    I just got the ice cream cone version.

    Kimberly :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is so very adorable!!! it's just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What gorgeous fabric Katherine! I love it! And speaking of fabric... I had my first Joanne's experience! I loved it there! Can't wait to show you my fabric :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That ric-rac just slays me - it is so cute....I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...