Monday, November 29, 2010

I could have sewed all night!

I could have sewed all night!
And still have begged for more.
(Wordplay on this song from a favourite old movie).  In my case, it`s more like, I could have sewed all weekend... but you understand my meaning. ;o)


Ideas and projects are rolling through my mind faster than I can keep up, which means it really is hard for me to walk away from my sewing machine - but it also means it is important to sketch my thoughts out if I  want to ensure an idea will manifest itself in fabric form at some point. Some simple notes on measurements and a coloured pencil sketch later and ...

I was sorting, cutting and organizing my red scraps.


Once the prep work was finished, I settled in to sew, while enjoying the above mentioned old movie.
Pieces, pieced and blocks assembled, I was looking for more.


 More indeed. 
I could sew all day!
I could sew all day!
And still beg for more.
(the tune is caught in my head - is it any wonder...)

******************************************************************
P.S.   You still have time to enter my giveaway.

6 comments:

  1. This looks beautiful. That's a load of blocks to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday I felt like I couldn't possibly go down watch TV and then go to bed if I didn't get started on a new sewing idea I had! Otherwise I probably wouldn't have slept lol Most of the time I've got tons of ideas and they get lost cos I don't write them down. Good tip! smiles, Virginie vivibijoux.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already love it! Beautiful reds!!!
    I could sew all day too, and it would still not be enough ;-)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that looks fabulous. I could sew all day too, if given the chance, but I am always on the go it seems. Last night was to the West soccer dome for an 8pm game, not home until 9:45! ugh. today a bit of shopping and decorating I hope

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes let me "sew all day" and into the night...and then I remember I need to head out to the office. Fortunately I have had a few extra days off for the holiday, so I have been busy with projects. Have a great week, I love, love ♥ your reds in your project you are showing us. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely pattern! And the colors - so rich! Beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...