Birds of a fabric feather

 Here's the handmade gift I gave you a glimpse of a couple of days ago.  It has safely found its way to my lovely friend, Brenda.


 I find such pleasure making gifts for others and this was no exception.  Brenda has been so generous with her feedback on my handmade projects. Always enthusiastic and complimentary, making me smile with each of her comments.  She is a gifted wordsmith and has an uplifting persona (go visit her blog to read what I mean), with an eye for my bright fabric combinations.  That's why it was so fun to grab some of those bright fabrics to make a little something just for her.


 Knowing the Brenda receives pleasure from the feathered friends she feeds, little bird appliques seemed the right touch to add to this little zip pouch for her.


Nothing makes me happier than being able to express myself with a handmade gift.   What reasons motivate you to make or give a handmade gift?

Comments

  1. Since you asked.... When I am in the creative mood, the motivating factor to make or give something is knowing the delight -- and surprise -- it will give the recipient.

    I love to give when it's not expected (out of the blue).....

    Katherine, I enjoyed hearing more about YOUR reasons for making the little pouch for me... and thinking that you remembered how much my little feathered friends are a part of my life, 'tis lovely to think it!

    BTW, I'm giving your gift the center of attraction in my decorating for Christmas this week.... (yes, I'm still finishing up the touches)..... every time I'll see it, I'll think of you and remember your surprise to me!

    Happy day.............

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you said is really sweet. A gift from the heart. It is really cute. I am quite sure well received.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is gorgeous! I love the fabrics, the construction, the colours, the little birdie, everything! It's beautiful! Lucky Brenda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment.
    Your blog is beautiful, I´ll add it to my list.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the inspiration!

    Merry Christmas to all. I'm having a flannel nightie give-away mid January. Must be a follower to participate. Oh, and must be a lover of fine flannel nighties!
    www.flannelnightie.com or check out today's post on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely little bag - and after reading Brenda's blog, perfect for her! What a good friend you are - you certainly inspire me to keep on creating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katharine,

    I was grateful for the time you took recently to leave such a lovely heart-felt comment on my blog. I was touched. I wanted to thank you for that and wish you a very happy holiday season as you craft and sew along. Your works are magical and beautiful!

    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!