- one 1/2" swivel snap *I found these at Tandy leather*
- one 24mm split ring
- 1/2" twill tape or ribbon... Cut two lengths at 4" and one at 2" (used for straps and securing hardware)
- 6" zipper
- 3.5" of 1/4" bias binding
- 12.5" x 5" piece of laminated cotton
- Marking pen, as pins are not recommended because of the permanent holes that they leave in the laminated cotton.
- zipper foot for your machine
All seam allowances are 1/4" and are included.
Transfer markings for the strap placement on the wrong side of the BACK piece for the back pack.
Here are the FRONT, BACK and BAND pieces with centers marked and ready to be stitched together.
14. Continue sewing around, making sure that the center marks match at the top edge (be sure that keychain and swivel hook are out of the path of the needle) and complete the second corner in the same method as the first.
To finish: keep the zipper open and match up centers, top and bottom before sewing the FRONT to the BAND in the same manner as for attaching the BACK.