Thirteen may be a lucky number for me because this is the week that I'm closing in on a finish to the quilt for my Sew into Solids project! I just stepped away from the machine, where I'm stitching on the binding, so there's a good chance that before this day is over I will have it bound and ready for use (just in time for summer ... great timing, I know ;o)
|The scrappy border was cut from the leftovers of the FQs used for the quilt top, so the colour change occurs every 20" or so.|
I found inspiration online and decided to place the FMQ design within the boundaries of each block of the quilt. Here's a peek....
|The quilting is far from perfect, but I'm glad I tried a new design instead of staying with something familiar and comfortable!|
The pattern runs across the width of the quilt - within the pieced borders and I thought it would evoke the sense of movement with all those curves against the straight lines of the quilt block (which I realize you can't determine from a photo from the back. I'm saving front photos of the quilt for the post showing my finish. Sorry to tease you ;o). Oh, this pattern doesn't extend to the outside edges of the quilt because I decided to go for broke and really challenge myself by quilting the borders differently.
|A peek at the pebble quilting on the border, viewed from the back of the quilt before binding. Lots of texture with this!|
I can't wait to begin handstitching on the binding! The finish is soooooo close now.
If you've been following along with my progress these past weeks, you know I'm now going to encourage to visit my co-host for Sew into Solids, the lovely Jane , and then direct your attention to the other members of our group. Gorgeous work with solids is being shared in our Flickr group and you're certain to be inspired...