Too cute to resist OR I'm not on a fabric fast

If you're one of those disciplined folks that is on a fabric fast, turn away. 
 I seem to be picking up the slack in the fabric buying department
 (can't let my friend, Susan feel lonely by thinking she's the only one buying fabric! ;o).  

Personally,  I've discovered I have a serious weakness for fabric when it comes on sale.  If I was smart, I'd remove the temptation by not subscribing to the newsletters of fabric shops.  However, since that is obviously not the case, I shall proceed to tempt you with a peek at a few little fabric treats I picked up (on sale, of course!).


I don't usually buy many fabrics from a single line as I like to mix and match, but there's something about the designs of Kate and Birdie that has me reaching for as many as I can.  I picked up a charm pack of Blueberry Park in the fall, fell in love and have been wanting to pick up more.  Tell me they are on sale and... well, I will blame it all on those adorable little hedgehogs.



Winter's Lane is also by Kate and Birdie and I've decided to give in to the temptation before this disappears out of all the shops.  I love the simplicity of  the design and colours in this line.  That and those wee birds.  Yes, I'm a sucker for cute.

I've ideas for using these recent additions, but need to clear some WIPs on the list first.  Until then, these beauties will be safely tucked into the stash.

Do you feel better now, Susan?  If not, I can surely show you more... ;o)

Comments

  1. No only did i also tell Susa I'd help her keep the fabric shops going, i also bought a bundle if bluebird park! Mine included bunnies though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so lovely! I especially love the winter fabrics... Cardinals were such a treat to spot in the winter when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those fabrics in the second photo are seriously tempting me! We do not have cardinals here in Australia but they do have such appeal! I can feel some internet shopping in the offing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could say I don't have the same weakness for buying fabric on sale, but those words will not be uttered by me. I love fabric sales! Cute fabric you bought...I need to go check it out. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The hedgies made me do it!" or "The cardinals made me do it!" - I think those could work for lots of us - I think I'll try version 1 after my next "oopsy, I couldn't resist" fabric purchase :D

    Those lines are REALLY gorgeous - I try not to read the fabric store ads when they come in so I don't see many of the new lines (which of course is fortunate for my wallet). If I could just get through some current stash I could splurge and pick up some fun prints from one (or 7) of the delicious lines that come out regularly :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, I love ALL of these! Good finds Katherine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your fabrics!
    I love to shop at sale and I do it far to often!!!
    Kram//Maja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any creative person can NEVER have too much fabrics or supplies. These fabrics are uber cute. Joyful Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren't those hedgehogs adorable???? I can't resist them. And the little birds. I'm usually all modern and chevrons and bold. But nope, gotta have the itsy, bitsy critters. Someone gifted me gnome fabric, so maybe those can go together. On something....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my Gosh!
    Every single piece of fabric is absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the new fabrics, so cute! I am not on a fabric fast but I have been trying to only buy fabric that I have a plan for (the except being the fat quarter bundle of April Showers I just ordered :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous fabric. I am not on a fabric fest either, someone has to keep all the fabric shops in business!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a tiny bit of the peach version of that floral up top - I don't know why I like it so much, but I really do! The hedgehogs are awesome too - I kind of want them, but didn't let myself buy them (because I often have a hard time using novelty prints in the things I make). Those red birds are really fantastic too! Great stashing :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw everyone jumping on this fabric buying embargo and thought that's a good idea. However, it seems to have had the reverse effect on me. I've spent so much on fabric since the start of the year, with everyone destashing, discounting etc!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!