Granny is a bit tricky...

to photograph.

King-size granny square quilt at home on my bed.

Who knew that the hardest part would be trying to photograph her in all her glory? ;o)
Kinda of mean to just give you a teaser, but I'm still trying to work out the best way to capture this king size quilt in a good picture.  Thinking an outdoor shot would be nice, but wondering how well a mostly white quilt will stand out when it's still pretty white outside (not to mention the best way to bribe some much needed quilt helpers to hold her - they do not enjoy holding smaller quilts, so holding granny for a photo op will really raise their opposition... ;o).  I promise to figure something out to show her off a bit better.

 Anyways, you now have some proof I finished her.
  Happy beyond words, that I can finally cross her off my first quarter 2014 Finish Along list. Yay!

Finish Along 2014

Comments

  1. She is most gorgeous on your black iron beed - what a feat!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Glad to know you have your lovely big granny all quilted up! Loving the way it looks on the bed. Great finish, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great, Katherine! I know what you mean about the photos. Is there an indoor balcony somewhere near you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks great, and yes a king sized is had to get pictures of!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She does look pretty - do you have a clothesline you could hang her from? I had to LOL about your assistants not wanting to hold the smaller quilts - mine don't either :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you gave yourself a pat on the back and, of course, a special treat for finishing the quilt. It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks beautiful in the bed Katherine! Looking forward to photos of it in all it's glory.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a beautiful quilt! I'm looking forward to another picture when you round up you're helpers. I understand about quilt helpers. I once had a queen size PP quilt and had to remove lot of paper. So I bribed a helper with pizza. LOL! A girls gotta' do what a girls gotta' do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need a close up of this one.
    Looks stunning to the max!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could have sworn I commented on this yesterday... well, anyway, it looks fantastic in that in use shot. I can't imagine getting it high enough to photograph well anyway -- your helpers will have to stand on something to hold it up.

    You could come photograph it on my front lawn - it's all white, so maybe you'll lose it and then I can snatch it up when/if this snow ever melts....

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay she's done! Well done you. I like the photo's you've already taken. You could always take photos of each section and piece them together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is quite delicious! Try standing on a chair at the foot of the bed and do a bird's view, from above.
    LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  13. From the sneak peek she looks wonderful! I don't have any tips on photographing such a large quilt I can't wait to see the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!