Sunday Stash

It took needing some fabric to sew a "guy gift" to make me realize that my stash is gender biased quite heavily towards feminine colours and prints.  Any remotely male slanted fabrics I have, are mostly for kids (which makes sense, since they come from years of sewing for my sons when they were younger - however I've been remiss in adding more grown-up choices). That realization put me on a mission to see if I couldn't attempt to add at least a handful of more masculine fabric choices that were less juvenile, to have me ready for further "guy" sewing projects.


Imagine my delight when I popped into a local fabric shop on my way to the grocery store (how  clever convenient that they are next door to one another ;o),  to find two decidedly masculine novelty prints. ha! Then I came across a third print that I think is modern and male in design.  So now I have a start on some suitable and fun fabric choices for sewing for my menfolk. 

Comments

  1. Definitely manly (love the watches print especially!) - what have you got in mind for the menfolk? The brown print would make nice dopp bags (because it isn't directional, so you wouldn't have to cut and piece to accommodate) :) Actually - the brown print would make a really nice chef's apron too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My stash has a lot of feminine fabrics, too, so I'd have a hard time pulling anything from it to whip up a guy quilt. Your little find is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found some great choices for the menfolk. How handy to have a grocery/fabric store combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great menfolk fabric Katherine! I love the camera fabric especially. Good luck adding to your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are perfect. I tend choose "masculine" colours for a man's quilt but you've inspired me to look for some novelty prints.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy stash all i have now is some gingham and kona
    Yours is much livelier

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those prints, especially the camera print. Would you happen to know the collection it came from?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My fabric collection sounds much the same. Even the basics are kind of feminine in some way. It's hard trying to find fabrics for adult men. Little boys is not as bad these days as was about ten years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!