Lovie bunny

Recently, I stitched up a cuddly gift for a sweet little girl using fun fur and a bit of Heather Ross's Briar Rose quilting cotton.
 
I chose to embroider the bunny's eyes to make him look asleep.
 
The pattern is a combination blanket/stuffie and can be found in the book Stitch Savvy by Deborah Moebes.  Such a quick and cute gift idea for a little one!
 
 
It should be just right size for little hands to carry around, plus, with embroidered eyes and nose, no small parts (choking hazards) to worry about!
 
 
The sewing was easy, however, I do believe that my bunny's head is smaller than the one pictured in the book due to a typo.  If I ever make this again, I will be adding seam allowances to the pattern for the bunny's head.  Those ears are a bit on the skinny side!

 
 Still, I don't think a one year old is going to mind that her bunny looks underfed. ;o)  I'm hoping she'll love the cuddle factor and maybe even all those pink strawberries - I know I do! 


I've got to say that sewing this little fellow was much easier than trying to figure out ways to capture a decent photo of him! lol... 
 

Comments

  1. Darling! It looks more like a baby bunny than an underfed bunny to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww!!!! He is adorable!!! Will be much loved I am sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I'm sure the little one who receives it will love cuddling with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So soft and sweet - what a darling gift! Bunny ears tend to be fiddly at the best of times, but when the seam allowance "wiggle room" is removed they're even tinier - you must have flexible fingers, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness this blankie is sweet!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cutest bunny ever, Katherine! Just adorable! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a lovely bunny hunny lol...you did good

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh that is adorable! Some bunnies do have long thin ears, my Colin is one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This has to be the most adorable little bunny I've seen in ages. She'll love him. I do!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!