Made with "XOXO"

I had a wonderful time stitching up gifts to give to Jeanie as a part of the "Twas the Night" blog hop.  Jeanie is an animal lover and recently lost her second beloved kitty (Oliver) and so, he became the inspiration for my gift making.  Cotton + Steel fabrics were the "purr-fect" choice for my projects.  The orange kitties were an obvious pick, but the navy print was chosen because it is aptly named "XOXO" (I thought some hugs are just what Jeanie needs). 
 
A "purr-fect" set in Cotton + Steel fabrics.

Now, what to make?  I decided to stitch up a matching set of sewing goodies for Jeanie, featuring, "Oliver".


I made a fussy cut fabric "stamp" to stitch to the front of the needlebook and love the vintage snap closure that looks like a button.
First, a compact needlecase to securely store her needles (designed by Tone Finnager. Pattern can be found in her book Sew Pretty Homestyle).  This is by far, my favourite needlebook pattern.  I have lost count of how many versions of this pattern I have stitched for gifts.

Made using the Prettified Pincushion pattern, from Patchwork, Please! by Ayumi Takahashi.
A needlebook needs a pincushion!  It was serendipity to have a paper pieced pincushion pattern that allowed me to fussy cut kitties for the front, with a "hug" button in the middle

and a kitty face on a self covered button on the back.  Love all that kitty goodness!

My own design for a round bottom drawstring bag.  It's my new favourite way to "wrap" a gift.

Keeping it all together, is a round bottomed, drawstring bag which I couldn't resist embellishing with mini pompom fringe and a fabric tag.


Here's a peek at the insides of the bag and needlebook.  This was my first time using Cotton + Steel fabrics and I love how those fabrics mix and match.   Jeanie has been so appreciative of these gifts, that I'm sure my noggin' has swelled so big I can barely fit through doorways anymore. ;o)  Seriously, what can be better than knowing your handmade gift has been received and appreciated with so much love?  Jeanie made it all such a pleasure and it's my hope it gives her heart a lift each time she uses my gifts.


Oh, but wait... I'm not quite done with the kitties...the finishing touch to all this?  A handmade card, featuring "Oliver", wishing my new friend, Jeanie, a "Meowy Christmas".  Well said, Oliver!

A simple idea - add a fussy cut of cute fabric to a mini card and then hand stamp greetings.  Love it!
 
I'm linking up this very happy finish with Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts for

Comments

  1. Hello Katherine, your xo xo idea is so cute and your sewing is very nice! And thanks a lot for your info about recipe :) Jolana

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super cute gift you have made! All topped off with that sweet kittie card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What precious, thoughtful gifts! Excellent fussy cutting and perfect choice of fabrics. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh, it's so nice to see my wonderful gifts highlighted again! I took them all to a quilt meeting yesterday to show them off... they were a hit, of course! Thank you again for your thoughtfulness (and precise work) that you put into these precious gifts. My heart is blessed and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathrine! This is Super sweet set! Beautiful Fabrics and your designs are really good! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  6. You put so much thought into the gifts and they show your caring. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The receiver of your gifts was one lucky quilter! The kitties are just too cute and your attention to detail with the designs and the fussy cutting is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous set! You know, I love kitties, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The fussy cutting is just too cute! What a wonderful set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love all of these projects! You have used the fabric perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful xo xo gift you made for Jeanie. Making a gift with so such thought and meaning, I know you made her heart sing!! hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. very very sweet! Love every bit, especially your own bag pattern. Nice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!