Sunday Stash - Winter Solstice edition

There's been some enthusiastic stash enhancing recently - thanks to a gift certificate combined with a sale at Fat Quarter Shop.  The tricky bit has been trying to photograph them to share.  Short daylight hours and some overcast days can make this season the most challenging for picture taking, but believe me when I say that the colours are fresh and crisp in person.  Just what I wanted!
 
Fabrics I chose as my prize (for winning the Sew Sweet QAL with my cupcake bag).
What a treat to have a gift certificate to go shopping with!  You can bet I had a good time browsing and selecting just what I wanted for some upcoming projects.

Yay! Five Miss Kate flannels to add to the flannels I've been gathering for a much longed for king size  quilt, plus a low volume red dot fabric for another project.  All in all, a very satisfying and well spent gift certificate (thank you, Fat Quarter Shop and Joanna's Sew Sweet QAL!). 

Flannel from Miss Kate collection by Bonnie and Camille.  Red dot from Henry Glass "A Year of Love" collection.
 
I'm hoping to start the quilt after the holidays, knowing that we will still have plenty of winter left for it to be appreciated. ;o)  Speaking of winter... so happy that today is the shortest day of the year and that our daylight hours will begin to increase once again. 
 Happy Winter's Solstice!
 
Linking up with Molli and the glitterati for...
 

Molli Sparkles

Comments

  1. Oh gorgeous prints, gorgeous colours - they remind me of the summer we're going to get ... in about 6 months, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it means sadly that my Summertime hours will begin getting less too! Although I expect there is a lot more heat to come! Lovely fabrics- enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bundle, Katherine! Can you start this quilt on Christmas holidays? Have awonderful Christmas time! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful fabrics aren't they? Bet that'll be a fun flannel to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little bundle of fabric is just beautiful and a great combination to brighten your day! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I love Bonnie and Camille but I have not had a chance to play with their flannels yet, I think that I need some of my wish list :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff!
    I'm having issues with photographing my stash and projects these days as well. It's dark when I get home from work, it's dreary and yucky on the weekends, and I just can't get any natural light!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!