What a year!

 Hard to believe that this is the last day of the year 2014.   I like to look back over a year as work on plans for the New Year. I decided it might help me to make a pictorial record as a quick overview of some of the things I sewed in the course of this past year.
 

The above collage is a random compilation of the things I made in January - June and the collage below, is for July - December.  It's encouraging to look back and see what I accomplished in a year and the variety of projects (many which were gifts and many my own designs).

 
Over the course of 2014, besides sewing whatever struck my fancy, I also participated in a few bloghops, a couple of quilt alongs, took part in the Pantone Colour of the Year contest, published a new pattern and shared a couple of tutorials.  Fun times, all around!
 
Personal favourites for 2014?
Right off the top is the king size granny square quilt made from scraps - a goal I've had for a couple of years - so it was a bit of thrill to see this finally achieved.
 
Next, is the Rainbow Connection Craft Case that I designed for my nieces to store their Rainbow Loom and supplies ( a design which I made two versions of and still hope to turn into a pattern).
 
My final favourite from this year's finishes is my recently completed Festive Trees runner from the Last Minute Christmas Sampler QAL.  Today, I'm sharing some updated photos of it. 
 
 

  I wasn't satisfied with the previous pictures I took of the table runner, due to poor lighting and really wanted to show how lively the colours are.
 


 It was too close to sunset when I was snapping my pictures this past Friday, but with the contest deadline fast approaching, I had to have something.



Despite my less than stellar photos, imagine my delight and surprise to learn that this entry was among those selected to receive some prizes in the QAL.  Woohoo!  Talk about a wonderful finish to  2014. :o) 


Here's wishing all of you an amazing finish to 2014 and all the best in 2015.  Thanks so much for sharing the journey with me.

Happy New Year!

Comments

  1. Looks like a great year with some fun, colorful projects. My favorite is the granny quilt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely gathering of your creative moments in 2014. I would have to agree that those festive trees will have to be a favourite too, m'dear!

    Thanks for the Christmas greeting, it arrived the other day.

    Hugs and Happy New Year,
    Brenda
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were very busy! Lots of beautiful projects to look back on!
    Wishing you and your family a happy a wonderful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's quite a line up of beautiful projects, Katherine! Of course, two of those photos are extra special to ME! May 2015 be full of delightful blessings for you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your creative projects are full of color and beauty. Love the tree table runner - what a great way to use the blocks.
    Happy New Year, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great year you have had Katherine! I love all you make! I'm thinking of starting a spotty quilt this year! Are you in?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year, Katherine - that's an awesome collection of projects for 2014 - my favourites are the colourful trees tablerunner and the cupcake drawstring bag - I'm a woman of simple tastes :D I can't wait to see what goodies you come up with in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the inspiring year, and I wish you all the best for the coming one too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your 2014 was full of gorgeous works! I wish you the same in 2015 or even more:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not surprised your table runner won a prize. It's lovely!!

    Thank you for all the great quilty inspiration you shared in 2014. I look forward to all the quilty goodness from you in 2015!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your heart patchwork quilt. It was one of my inspirations for a wedding quilt I'm planning for a friend this year. Great roundup, 2014 was a great year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New year, sweet Katherine! You've had quite a big year. Congrats!!! I LOVE your scrappy king granny square quilt. Now that is a shocker, huh? Your bed and all the fun pillows looks like such a happy place! Here's to much success in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where have you been? Just checking in. You must be busy making more beautiful things! Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!