Friday, February 27, 2015

Sweetheart Mini Quilt

You may remember that early this month I was busy scrap busting 1.5" squares from my stash in order to make some mini patchwork hearts?  Wednesday, there was a peek at some machine embroidery.  Well, today I can show you it was all for one project, a mini quilt.
 
Sweetheart Mini after appliqueing and before quilting.
 
Yesterday, I was ready to do the quilting, add binding and turn this idea into a finish!
 

Quilting with my vintage Singer 201 (the quilt was pieced using my Singer 15-91).  I love my vintage Singers!
 
My lovely Singer 201 was used to machine quilt a freehand grid of wavy lines across the top.  I debated other quilting designs, but again, simple won out. ;o)
 

The binding made use of trimmings from the backing of my Impromptu quilt, which added a nice pop of red (and dots.. oh, my!) to frame things. 

My Sweetheart Mini made use of all the patchwork hearts I stitched from 1.5" scraps in reds, pinks a few purples for good measure.

The last stitch sewn, I immediately went to hang my mini above the loveseat in our living room.

A matching set of Sweethearts.  There's even a table runner to add to the scrappy heart collection (click here).

Oh, look!  There just happens to be a sweetheart pillow to match. ;o)  Woohoo! That's two scrappy projects completed this month and a happy finish to my week.  Hope your week has been a good one!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, this was really cute!!!
    Kram Maja

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just delightful. I really like the material you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so very, very sweet! The whole collection lookis beautiful together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! It must be such a satisfying feeling accomplishing so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...sweet wall quilt and sweet pillows to go with! They're wonderful scrappy hearts and I love your hearts blog banner too! Scraps always look much better all stitched up than they do languishing in a scrap bin. LoL

    ReplyDelete
  6. They make such a beautiful set! I love that sweet wall hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those hearts are looking awesome! So many tiny pieces must have been a whole lot of work!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...