Thursday, September 17, 2015

Finishing Touches

The past week whizzed by in that special way early fall weather brings.  We've had a few warm days that make us think summer is going to linger, interspersed with cooler days (that have me wearing polar fleece and putting flannel sheets on my bed! ;o).  Each day seems to bring different weather! There's no denying that we're into a new season - leaves are turning and there's frost in the forecast.
 
A bit of hand sewing is the finishing touch to this small project.
 
This week also brought with it a special celebration in our household - another milestone for 2015 (the first, our 25th wedding anniversary last month, and now having our youngest turn 21. How did that happen so fast?!? ;o). I love that even though both sons are grown, they always look forward to me baking a favourite cake to mark their birthday. The birthday boy requested a Ginger - Carrot cake that also includes plenty of raisins and pecans, with a mix of orange juice and maple syrup drizzled over it.  It's delicious, but always brings a session of teasing because his older brother hates raisins (talk about opposite tastes! LOL... ;o). 
 
My sewing this week has been a little bit like our weather - a mixed bag of projects, that included some block making, some garment cutting out, a quick prototype for shoe covers (that will allow wearing shoes indoors on the finished floors of a job we're trying to finish) and finally a bit of hand sewing on a small, sweet project.  It seemed busy, but no major finishes to report. ;o) I did try to take some WIP photos earlier this week, but didn't have much success. Lucky for me, today was one of the nicer days, so I can share decent photos of my most recent finish for tomorrow.  Hope your week has been a good one!


3 comments:

  1. We still have a day or two before the weather cools down. It was very fally and rainy last weekend, and when I walked to my friend's house on Monday morning (@8:00) I had to wear a sweatshirt when I left - it was nippy! But by the time I got there (15 minutes later) it had warmed up, and so had I, so I ripped the sweatshirt off, lol. The next few weeks will be alternately warm and cool - perfect fall weather, lol!

    Happy belated anniversary, and happy birthday to your kiddo! Funny how our family reaches these milestones but we don't get older - I do like the new math! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katherine! Happy belated anniversary! Your project here looks beautiful! I love autumn and your words for your weather sound so nice. Finally it's also here a little bit cooler. Still shorts and t-shirt but no air condition. I'm so looking for my trip to Finland next week. Have a lovely weekend! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are still hanging on to our winter weather here- Spring seems a long way off and then we have a day of 27C! Happy anniversary- the days go by all too quickly! That one photo looks all too enticing! Such pretty colours....

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...