Thursday, November 26, 2015

Merrier

Happy to share a progress update on this block.  A mix of reds and low volume fabric scraps have been randomly pieced to surround my mini tree block and then quilted.
 
 
The quilting is a mix of lines and curves, basically just playing around, making for a merry time...as you may have guessed. ;o)

Can you see the wavy lines I free style quilted across the low volume sections of the tree? Fun!

Now to decide on a fabric for the back of the pillow and then choose a zipper.  A finish is getting closer! ;o)

To all those celebrating - I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful Katherine! It's fun how few stripes creat a look of a tree. These are so cute! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been enjoying your little trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I love this red tree block, Katherine! What a great little pillow it will make into! It's an inspiring piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your scrappy tree, Katherine ! Very inspirering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love that design (I actually mad a Christmas mug rug out of it) and that pillow case is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whenever you post a block with a predominant colour, that colour becomes my absolute favourite. You've done it to me again - I need to go fondle my red scraps now, lol! That block is just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...