Berry Good

Now that I'm feeling more settled since moving, I decided it is long past time for a little sewing (because doing alterations on a pair of swimming trunks doesn't count...even though it's the first thing I stitched since unpacking my machine ;o).
 
If you're interested in making some strawberry blocks, Bec has a lovely tutorial for you to follow to make them.

Part of the fun in setting up my new sewing room is rediscovering everything all over again.   A simple sketch of a strawberry quilt block begs to be my first make. Meaning: out came the scrap bins for some fabric auditioning.
 
 These blocks are sweet and simple to make and I have seen lots of versions floating around the internet for the past couple of years.  Mine are completely scrappy, but I found that they are the same design as the ones Bec shares on her blog (click here for her tutorial).  Hope that helps any of you interested in making your own versions!


 
Feels so good to be back to my sewing! I don't have a definitive plan for  this first block (or the ahem, three others that quickly followed ;o), but I am so happy I decided to dive back in.
 

There's no question about it.  Sewing is my passion and being able to share here makes me happy.


It's all "berry good". ;o)

Comments

  1. That strawberry, and it's three friends, has me hankering for some sunshine and Summer days Katherine! I really love these, but shouldn't be a surprise, I always love what you do! So fabulous to have you back in my feed! Are they 1.5" blocks to start or larger? I am trying to imagine what you will do with these four plump strawberries- a pretty Summer picnic quilt, perhaps? Welcome back to your sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous block! Love the little spotty scissors too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great variety of fabrics you have! Am totally jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love the colors and fabrics you choose. I know I said it many times, but I just have to do it one more time:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so berryful, Katherine! I'm happy you have settled in and can start the fun! This strawberry is really sweet and I have even ready-cut little squares ... may I use your design? x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Isn't it a thrill to audition and piece fabric? That and ironing blocks flat is very fulfilling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What are the sixes of the squares or do you actually have a pattern......i love this block....gloria g in port saint Lucie fl

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great little summery block - thanks for the link to the tutorial. Have fun unpacking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great little summery block - thanks for the link to the tutorial. Have fun unpacking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a beautiful block! Moving isn't much fun, but discovering things you'd forgotten about is definitely a treat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!