Colours of Summer

Have you heard? Rachel at Stitched in Color is hosting another of her fabulous fabric mosaic contests, called Summer Crush.   You can make up to two mosaics (enter by Aug. 20th)!  Then on Monday the 21st, voting will open.  The two top Mosaics will earn a complete fat quarter set of their mosaic fabrics from the sponsor of the contest, Quilt Sandwich Fabrics !!!  Winners announced August 24th. 
 
Summer can be such a busy season and it seems to pass in the blink of an eye... or maybe that's just me getting older! ;o)  This summer has been a rich one - I've been gardening, canning, taking in favourite outdoor summer activities, travelling, exploring, spending time with family and squeezing in some sewing time (mostly garment making - which has been so lovely to return to!).  It has been wonderful! One activity I enjoy year round is fabric play, so it only made sense to take a favourite past time and put together a mosaic for the Summer Crush fabric mosaic contest.
 

The bright, happy colours in my inspiration photo (above), represent my take on summer. Minty greens, lemonade yellows with a burst of berry pink. Fresh, bubbly, slightly tropical and full of summer vibes! Pour me a tall glass of summer, please. ;o)


Pink Lemonade with a Dash of Mint - my entry for the Summer Crush Mosaic Contest

So what are you waiting for? Let's make the summer fun last a bit longer by popping by Quilt Sandwich Fabrics, selecting fabrics that say summer and put together a mosaic to enter in the contest, Summer Crush at Stitched in Color!

Comments

  1. Lovely colour palette and pretty fabrics. Good luck in the contest! I don't think I remember what summer feels like...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful mosaic! I love that center print and how all of the other fabrics work with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a fab inspiration photo. Your mosaic came out lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!