Keeping it casual clutch

A cute pattern deserves to be made more than once, right? My second version of the Noodlehead pattern, the Rainbow Clutch, by the talented Anna Graham, is also a gift (pattern found in Handmade Style: 23 Must-Have Basics to Stitch, Use, and Wear). This time around, I selected scraps of quilting cottons to make the front pocket pieced (following the pattern's design) rather than in one fabric like I did in my first version. Once again, I fussy cut the fabric selected for the front tab - which is one of my favourite design features in this pattern.
 
 
Can I just say how much I love the casual, yet stylish look mixing these blues with denim gives this clutch? I am hoping that the mama of four that received this clutch finds it to be everyday useful made in this combination of fabrics.
 

 I thought the choice of using denim for the main body of the clutch would make it wear well and design features such as the exterior inset zippered pocket make it very practical.


A pretty, coordinating cotton was used for the lining, in colours that add interest to the inside but ones that should also hide any stray pen marks (or is it only me that always carries pens around?).  The saying is "third time a charm", so maybe the next version will be the one I make to keep. You just know that I will be making another version, right? ;o)

Comments

  1. THAT is so gorgeous. I just love the colours and patterns, Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Noodlehead patterns are always well written. I have a couple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This clutch is just beautiful in my favorite colors! It seems very practical too. I made a pouch from a Noodlehead pattern and it was very easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!