The start of something fun!

Happy New Year!
 

I hope your year is off to a wonderful start! I'm looking forward to and making plans for the next year and I wanted to share one lovely plan that I have put together with my friend, Maja.  It is something I hope you will consider joining us in.

This is the hashtag to use on Instagram if you decide to join our challenge of sewing from your stash and featuring a designer a month in 2018!

Fabric stashing is outpacing our sewing, it seems, and as pretty as our shelves in our sewing rooms look filled with so much loveliness, we decided to encourage one another to use those pretties in projects!

 Our plan involved writing a numbered list of the designers that have fabrics we have lovingly stashed and yet are the ones that we hesitate to cut into (because they are precious! ;o). We then chose for each other, a number.  Maja selected the number three, which on my list happens to be the designer, Heather Bailey!  This means that during the month of January, I need to sew a project (or projects) using some of my stashed Heather Bailey fabrics.


I had fun digging through my stash and gathering these treasured fabrics together!  It feels good to have a plan for getting me into my stash and fun to know that soon I will have turned this "potential" into something I can use and enjoy (which is the point of stashing fabric... I think? ;o).

Maybe you would like to join Maja and I in our plan to sew from our stashes in 2018?  This is not a contest or a competition - just friends sharing a love of fabric and sewing! We would love to have you join in.  I will post on my blog as well as on Instagram to show you how I'm doing with this - including works in progress as well as a final result. Please feel free to sew along, too and if you're on Instagram, tag your post with #sewingmystashadesigneramonth2018.

Here's to a wonderfully creative 2018!

Comments

  1. I might need to join you. Coincidentally, I have stack of Heather Bailey fabric that I have not "cut into." I really should go for it! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. goodluck using your stash up..........i'm trying to get some quilts together.........these will make a gorgeous project so can't wait to see what you whip up........

    ReplyDelete
  3. think I lost my comment.......looking forward to seeing what you make up............

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful colours, I look forward to seeing what you make.
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun way to use up precious fabrics (because they look so much better in a quilt than on a shelf). I look forward to your monthly creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see your sewing machine is happily pressed into service early in the new year. I think you two will be having great fun as the months of 2018 pass. I shall look forward to seeing what you are up to!

    Wishing you and your family a very happy new year! Hope things are well in your corner of the world.

    Love Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!