Tiny Dresdens!

It's been a few years since I've stitched Dresden plate blocks, which are a lovely and classic design for quilting. This week I've been revisiting them, only with a bit of twist - downsized into a mini Dresden!  I have Deidra, over at Quilt Obsession, to thank for this inspired idea. She has put together a series of posts on making them which can be found on her blog and she is currently hosting a #tinydresdenparty on Instagram!
 
 
I began my foray into mini Dresden making using fabrics from my Heather Bailey stash (as a part of my #sewingmystashadesigneramonth2018 sewing plan).  I have been downsizing a pattern to make my dresdens into minis - the first attempt resulted in a Dresden that is 8" across and then further pattern reduction brought the finished Dresden down to 5" across (which qualifies as a "mini"). I may push the limits a bit more with scaling down the pattern further to see if I can manage a Dresden that finishes in the 3.5" range.  Meantime, I am loving the results!
 
There is just something so appealing about a mini version and I'm not sure I'll be able to stop making them just yet - especially when I dream about all the things I can sew these little beauties onto. ;o) Pop by Deidra's blog for links to templates, instructions, tips and inspiration, if you're feeling the need to make some mini dresdens, too!
 
 
 

Comments

  1. oh they look great Katherine..........love this with Heathers fabrics..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just adorable Katherine! The colours you have chosen remind me of a cool drink on a sunny Summer's day! Thank you for sharing the link. I will definitely be adding some Dresdens to my 2018 list. They have long been a favourite of mine also! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a tiny dresden, by hand, while I was laid up after foot surgery. It's about 4.25". I used someone's tiny template but I can't remember from where. It kept me busy! Yours are much prettier. Mine is solid shades of pink.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!