Scrappy Sideways Arrow Block

A mix of saturated and soft pinks paired with a variety of low volume prints for the background, make for a fun version of the Sideways Arrow Block!

I have diligently been sewing and sending off quilt blocks all year, as a participant in two online quilt bees.  However, surprisingly, I have not blogged about all the blocks that I have made.  Time to change that! 

It will not be a surprise, that I made my version of the Sideways Arrow block, as scrappy as I could for my pink sampler quilt.  This block can be found in the book, Modern Quilts Block by Block written by Emily Dennis and it was the choice for February in the Pink Bee 2019.




A request for solids and one pink fabric, resulted in the simple version of the Sideways Arrow block sent to Kassie. 

The request by the Queen Bee, Kassie, was to use a saturated pink print, combined with solid grey and solid white, then to keep the arrow blocks in four separate units (that way, she can mix everyone's versions in her quilt layout).

I love making these scrappy note cards from "strings" made from squaring my yardage.  I sew the fabric strings onto a 8.5" x 11" sheet of cardstock, and then cut them into squares that I attach to plain notecards.

My love of scrappy extends from quilt blocks, to card making and for each quilt block I've made in the Pink Bee 2019, I also send that month's Queen a hand made scrappy pink note card!

Comments

  1. Love the bright colours you're using. And the scrappy card is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!