Baby, it's cold outside...

with blowing snow on the 4th of May. Leaves on our tree have started, but have paused.

Lucky for me, I get to stay inside and sew.
This is my third bag made from linen samples and this time I decided to machine quilt it before construction.
It was different quilting on linen. Not quite as fluid in the free hand stitching as I am on cotton fabric, but I just had to try the idea.
Despite loving the extra bit of body quilting gives this bag, I don't know that I'll continue with it. I'm not sure it's worth it. The big print is the feature and frankly, the stitches get lost on the background. What do you think?

Comments

  1. I actually like the quilting, but I understand that the time it takes may not be worth it in the end. I'm sure the bag would be just as nice without.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I like the quilting, I think it makes it look more...hmmm, I can't think of the right word but it seems more antique-ish to me somehow. Very pretty. Although I can also understand not wanting to spend the extra time on that detailing.

    Hope it warms up for you there and that you start to get a springtime soon. Any sign of lilacs blooming yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!
    It ads some texture and something good! Maybe it’s time consuming for such a little project, but you could also quilt some straight lines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Nicolette, some straight lines would be a good idea and it would not take too much time. Sending you some warm thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you're weather is crummy. Ours is cold, rainy and windy but thankfully no snow! Love the bags you've been making. Agree it probably doesn't need the quilting, it looks great without it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilting. I imagine it give the project a little more body??? I could be wrong though....but I do like the way it looks. Also wanted to let you know that I have tagged you for the Sunshine Award. Your can grab the image from my blog if you'd like to accept it and choose 7 blogs that inspire you:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!