It's not just my fingers that are crossed,

so are the blocks I've been stitching up for a new project to be used in my sewing space. 


 It all started with a white linen skirt I scooped from a thrift sale for $2.   Here's  the one half that remains of the lovely skirt. ;o)


Next, I went searching through my bins of left over strips and came up with a colour scheme (it's still looks like winter outside my window, with all the snow we keep getting, so I found myself thirsting for something lively in terms of colours).


Oh, how I love seeing the blocks come together! Trying to come up with a final layout involves lots of dreamy time arranging and rearranging those blocks.  Oh, how I enjoy playing with fabric.


Whew, I've just finished machine quilting, but don't be fooled.  This isn't going to be a quilt or a pillow or a bag or a table runner....


So just what am I making with all these crosses?

Comments

  1. Whatever it is, I like it. A lot. I like that it is for your sewing space too. When I find out what it is I might just make me one for my space too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours! I would have guessed table runner so I guess I'll have to wait and see:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking a skirt for a table to hide things behind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color scheme! looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like what you did here. Love the colors you chose. Its pretty enough for wall art... hmmm... I am thinking outside the box... window dressing. Some type of drapes?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!