Seeing Green - Nuanced Neon

It's been a glorious day at home today, despite cooler temperatures and an overcast sky.  Fortunate for me, we were able to finish early on work commitments for the week (9 apartment kitchens + 8 vanities in 5 days... any guesses why I was glad to have a bit of a lie in this morning? ;o).  I think I've been smiling since I woke up, knowing I finally have a break from long days of installing.  I've missed having time to sew, to read and to connect with friends.
 
Catching up on some blog reading, I came across a fabric mosaic contest. Since I was so sad to have missed one being hosted last month by Julianna, I jumped on this one, hosted by Rachel (click here for the details....)
 
I've put together a couple of mosaics using gorgeous fabrics from Mad About Patchwork (both mosaics are based on Design Seed Palettes I've previously pinned) .
 
 
My first entry is all about green. Winter is finally behind us (bold to say, as it's still possible and even likely, for us to receive snow - I've lived here long enough to know the truth in that), nevertheless, I want to celebrate the wonderful greens that arrive with Spring.
 
Spring Promises
 



Thank you, Rachel (from Stitched in Color) for hosting the contest and Pam (from Mad About Patchwork) for being the sponsor.  My long weekend is off to a fun and colourful start!

Comments

  1. I love your fabric choices... especially the butterfly print in the middle! Enjoy your long weekend and your rest. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I definitely love this choice of colors. I love colors, I love bright colors, but this choice is really great. Something new for me. Your fabric choice is great - I see some lovely holiday quilt :)
    Have a great time
    Jola

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabrics you selected. I hope you get a good rest and break from all of the installation work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!