Classic and cozy

Just in time for the arrival of colder weather and more snow, my latest quilt finish is ready to keep us cozy. It's no secret that I love the colour red and scrappy quilts best, and this lap sized quilt is both!
 


Nothing like the colour red to warm things up and paired with white, it's a classic that fits so many seasons.  This quilt was made with winter in mind though, which is why I backed it with a yummy red flannel.  Extra cozy!
 
 
Increasing the love factor of this quilt (for me, anyways ;o), is the dotted dark chocolate fabric for the binding.  Continuing with my success in machine binding, this one went smoothly despite my initial concerns that the flannel backing might trip me up (due to the extra thickness). 
 
 
 I'm totally impressed with being able to get good results with machine binding (which wasn't the case when I first tackled it a few years back and why I stuck with hand stitching the binding on my quilts - something I don't mind doing, but let's face it, sometimes it's just nice to have options ;o).
 
 
No surprises with my choice of quilting this time around. Quilting long loose curves in a grid is my favourite way to handle linear quilts because I like the contrast between curvy quilting and square blocks. Okay, the real reason is because it's fast and fun to stitch. ;o)
 
 
Ta-da!
 
What's that?
Well, yes, this is the second bento box quilt I've made in red and white.  You caught me. Can you blame me, though?  It's so good that one just wasn't enough. ;o)
 


  If I'm not careful, this will be known as my signature block  as I've made many, many projects using it (and I obviously have a special love when it is sewn in reds & whites). ;o) What can I say?  I love a classic.

Have a wonderful weekend!
I'm linking up my latest finish with Amanda Jean and friends over at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday!




Comments

  1. Hey, when you like something, you like it! And if red is your color, sew red. If you love the bento box blocks, then make all the bento box blocks your heart desires. It's how you love life and live your dreams. The world could use a few more red/white quilts, anyway--may as well make them bento box blocks. (Just saying those b's in my head as I type is getting me all tongue tied!) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful and the quilting lines are great too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it . . . and you are right , it is perfect for this time of year, makes me want to curl up with a good book :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of things to love about this quilt Katherine- the red and white palette, the spotted binding and the curvy quilting! We have lots in common, it seems! And when you're on a good thing, stick to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! Love red and white together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! I love the quilting... I just might have to try it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, me too! ... I love reds and whites together. Your quilt is awesome and so cozy looking. My screen thought your binding was black (which is perfect too), but I love the idea of dark chocolate. Different. Especially mixing in the beige color prints.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that is cozy looking. Reds and whites always go well together and the other tones you've added contribute to the coziness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and classic! I really like how the dark brown binding forms a perfect framing for the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love it. Wonderful! Perfect for any season too. Christmas, Valentine's Day, Autumn, Canada Day.

    xox


    ReplyDelete
  11. It's gorgeous. Love red and white. Nice choice for binding ; )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the quilting, great pattern and colors, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks so warm and cuddly - perfect for snuggling on the couch with a kitty, a can of Diet Dr. Pepper and a few DVR'd episodes of CSI: Cyber :) That's my idea of a perfect evening anyways, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!