My new sewing set up

This week I finally got back to sewing blocks for the Community Sampler sew along!


I do not have a sewing room in the home we're renting here on the mountain, but I have the most incredible view from the dining room table where I set up one of my Singer featherweights.

Block 7 of 11; Weathervane, for the Community Sampler sew along.
 The scenery is absolutely stunning and inspiring.  I am loving it!

Block 8 of 11; Morning Star, for the Community Sampler sew along.
I have been thoroughly enjoying stitching up my signature bright colours mixed with low volume fabrics for some scrappy blocks.  


Here's a peek at all the blocks I have stitched so far. This is not the final layout, but a good way for me to view the mix as I select fabrics for the next block (especially as my first 6 blocks haven't been unpacked yet ;o). Hopefully, I will complete the final blocks before the weekend is over, so that I can get the top assembled.  The sew along has progressed to adding borders to the quilt top and I would love to catch up!  Looks like that along with sewing like crazy, I will need to unpack my first blocks and some fabric for setting the blocks (oh, and my large quilt ruler would be pretty handy to have, too!).  Wish me luck!  Happy weekend!



Comments

  1. Your scrappy blocks look awesome! Reminds me of your other scrappy blocks you stitched last year. I hope I haven’t missed that one as a finished quilt. My favorite is the Morning Star you just completed. It might just be the colors though because I like all the blocks and colors you’ve done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annie! Oh, good memory - no you have not missed the finish on last year's scrappy sampler quilt - those blocks are still waiting to become a quilt. ;o)

      Delete
  2. What a beatiful view and lovely light..... Great big window.....like your machine to.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! Yes, I have the best view and lots of natural light, which is wonderful for sewing. I feel pretty lucky to have all this and that sweet vintage machine.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful scenery!! Those blocks are very nice. I feel your pain with unpacking while sewing like crazy. Your temporary sewing station looks like you'll put it to good use.

    Happy thrifting ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have been enjoying making these blocks and playing in my scraps - a lovely reward for moving!

      Delete
  4. Your bright and beautiful blocks certainly fit the view outside your window. What a great place to sew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lorrie! I am delighted with my temporary sewing set up - going to be hard to ever top the view I have here. ;o)

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous as always Katherine!! Good luck getting it finished! It's going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan! I just pulled some more bits out of storage to help me on my way to finishing - so fingers crossed! ;o)

      Delete
  6. I just love seeing all that you sew. You have such pretty fabrics and a great knack for putting them together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How kind you are, Kathy! Thank you so much for your sweet comment!

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!