Thankful Thursday - Beauty and possibility


Our season of calling Silver Star mountain our home, is nearly over. We have really enjoyed living here, with so much peace and the beautiful views.  I am so grateful that we had the opportunity to live here!

This week, I am grabbing hold of this quote, as I am currently in the midst of searching for the next home for my family and I to rent.  I want to stay focused on all that I am grateful for, rather than letting the fear and anxiety that can accompany uncertainty or the unknown overwhelm me. I wish I could say that it's always easy, but it's not!

I have felt those same feelings earlier this year, threatening to drown me in negativity. I made conscious efforts to choose to be open to possibilities and chose to be grateful for the time we had at our previous home, rather than getting frantic about where we would be living next.  With less than two weeks left before we had to move, I found the rental on the mountain.  It has been a blessing! I wonder what adventures we will have and where we will be next?

Comments

  1. I wish you all the luck and hope you will find adventure and happiness...there are so many beautiful places on this earth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you warm hugs and good thoughts! Dave and I have been where you are many times over the past few years... even as recently as this past spring in fact. Somehow things always seems to work out though not necessarily the way we thought or even hoped they would at the time. Those feelings of trying not to give into anxiety are all to familiar but you are soooo right... being open to the possibilities helps a person get through.

    I'll keep you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh... just to show how things do work out... we signed the lease on this house we're in now on April 22nd and moved in April 28th. :)

      Delete
  3. I can relate to the anxiety and worry that can threaten to overwhelm. I live there far too often. I am grateful for the mercy and grace of Christ and that helps me through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of you are in my prayers. I hope that you have a smooth change of house, and calm transition. God Bless you and keep you focused in your decisions

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!