Monday Makings - Pencil Case



All but one of these colourful pencils are improv pieced using sweet prints from designer Elea Lutz's fabric collections.


My Singer Featherweight has been humming along this long weekend. This latest bit of scrappy sewing is to make a new pencil case for a sweet niece starting school this year.

A year ago, I made my second version of this pencil case design, from the book Sew Gifts, with a few modifications.

The last pencil case I made, just happened to be for her older sister and it's hard to believe it's already been a year since I made that one.  I enjoy making them and this design in particular is a fun one, with the pencils being improv pieced.  That means no two pencils will look exactly the same!


My first version, is the one I made for myself!

This third version is about to be personalized for my niece. Yay!  I love being able to give handmade gifts with extra special details!

Comments

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!