Falling into October

Inspired by the beautiful pumpkin quilt, debuted last year, featuring Tilda Harvest fabrics, I began drafting my own versions of pumpkin blocks. I posted about them on Instagram, yet, I forgot to share them here! First up, is my scrappy orange version.

My pumpkin block, version 1 - scrappy and happy in Tilda fabrics! I used this image as my "monthly marker" for posting on Instagram last year.

The second version differs a bit, by adding a leaf to the stem, along with making a wider pumpkin.



The third version keeps the scrappy leaf design while only using two fabrics for the pumpkin.


I enjoy playing around with design elements and these blocks are so fun to make! I had no plan in mind when I started them, I just wanted the pleasure of experimenting and sewing with my Tilda fabrics. ;o)


This morning, I decided that I needed add background strips, so I could evaluate how the pumpkin's proportions would finish. I'm pretty pleased with the results, but can't promise that I won't play with the dimensions of the pumpkin a bit more in the future.  However, I think I am ready to turn this block into a finished project. Stay tuned for more!

Comments

  1. Happy October sewing, Katherine! The pumpkin blocks are cute - and Tilda fabrics are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pumpkins are cute! You are so lucky to have Tilda fabrics to play with. I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy October to you. I love your pumpkins, These are especially pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too sweet! I’ve never made a pumpkin quilt, but yours are inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!