Pink Bee - Ombre Heart Block

I reversed the order of the ombre strips in the making of the scrappy version that I am keeping.

November brought another new-to-me quilt block to sew, in the #pinkbee2019 - one of the online quilting bees that I am participating in. It was another opportunity to gather and sew with pretty pinks and a variety of low volume fabrics!  I sewed two versions of the Ombre Heart quilt block, one to send the Queen bee of November and one to be added to my sampler quilt.





I followed the free tutorial (click here), to make a scrappy 10.5" block to send to Kathy and I added another round of strips to the block I made to keep, so that my block finishes at 12.5" (to go with all the other blocks in my sampler quilt).

Side by side of the two blocks I made for the month of November in the Pink Bee 2019! You can easily find all the bee blocks this quilt bee has been sewing, on Instagram, under the hashtag:  #pinkbee2019 - enjoy!

This block is the 11th block in our year of sewing pink quilt blocks in 2019 and it means that I am now only one block away from having all the blocks I need for my scrappy pink sampler quilt! I have decided that I will refrain from laying out all my blocks for the quilt, until after the final block has been sewn.  I can hardly wait to see them all together!!!

Since December is a very busy month, our bee has decided that will wait until after the holidays before we find out what our last block will be.  Looks like I will have more time to anticipate and savour the fun I have been enjoying all year!  That suits me, just fine. 😍😍😍


Comments

  1. Small things play an important part in the realization of human beings. I love your work...
    to get fabric on demand from weaveron textile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katherine, this is sweet. I love the blocks. As always, you are so inspiring

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!