Thursday, January 31, 2008

Log Cabin Love

Since I was brave enough to show you the first quilt I made (with all it's blocks lost in the whiteness of the fabrics), I decided to share the colour of my second quilt. My first quilt gave me the courage to just have at the whole quilting experience, which meant I spent some time collecting a variety of fabrics to make a colourful log cabin quilt. I had a great time putting this quilt together choosing red as the feature colour to represent the warmth of my son's personality.
If you click on the photos you will see that I discovered stipple quilting. That has become a favourite way to machine quilt for me. I love the meandering of this stitch.

5 comments:

  1. The red really popped when I pulled up your blog. My first thought was that this was a valentine quilt. Very nice.

    I tried to reply to your messages today but they came back to me.

    Thanks for stopping at my blog. I am working up a pattern for the coasters now to be somewhat like the first one on my post.

    Maybe we could join forces with the PIF thing? I got one response to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really pretty. i love the reds...really wowwy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was your second quilt? Holy cow woman!! It is gorgeous! I love the colors - or colours as you say! (Your way seems much more fabulous!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt! Your colours are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...