Plaids and Polka-dots

Some good crafting mojo going on for me at the moment. I love it when the my ideas work out! Since I'm in the middle stages of several projects, I'm just giving you a peek at one of my projects on the go...

Remember me saying I had to figure out what I would use for the backing on my son's 'Manly' quilt? I really wanted a blue plaid flannel - I thought it would make the quilt extra cozy and work well with the scrappy quilt top. I had it in mind that I would visit the thrift stores to see if I could find a sheet to use. Yesterday, I had errands in the vicinity of one of the thrift stores and went searching. Voila! Exactly what I wanted. Brand new, the right size and way less $ than retail. Yay!
Let the quilting begin!With any luck I'll be busy sewing to my heart's content this weekend in between activities with my family. I'm so happy that I'll be immersed in plaids and polka-dot projects this weekend.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Comments

  1. Aah, the thrifting fairy was looking out for you! I love when that happens! I can't wait to see what the polka dots are going to be, they are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those polka dots! Are they sewn on with a blanket stitch? (I'm such a novice)

    Plaid is so cozy, isn't it?

    Kimberly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love polkadots and also thrift serendipity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hurray for a great thrifting find! that sheet will look lovely on the back of your quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!