Monday, April 7, 2008

Latest Thrifting Finds

I went thrifting over the weekend with the main objective of finding some vintage linens in the colour blue. No luck in that colour. I did find these lovely 100% cotton linens in yellow...

along with a stash of sewing notions.
You can imagine my surprise at finding this like-new book in the 25cent section.
I took it to the counter and asked the price. No, it was not 25 cents, it was actually $2. Still a good price but when the amounts were totalled the final tally was more cash than I had in my pocket (ahem, that was due to the fact that I had already shopped at two other thrift stores first and had already spent more than half of my allotted $15 for the days' worth of thrifting). I offerred to give less money than the amount asked for, explaining that it was all the cash I had on me. She said, "No". I said, "Keep the book then". She sighed, shrugged, then shoved the book across the counter to be put into my shopping bag along with my sewing purchases. Oh, how I love that thrift store! A book that I thought was 25cents went up to $2 and then ended up being free. Any questions as to why I love thrift store shopping?

5 comments:

  1. You are funny!...I love that little sheep ribbon...very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!! You are too funny! Good finds though! I see another sheet quilt in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great finds! and I have no doubt to why you love thrifting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds Katherine. I think I shall take an empty purse with me next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bounties at the striftstores are so great!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...