Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Packaging can be misleading...

and it can provide a good laugh, as was the case when I found this box at the thrift store. I tend to apply the axiom, "never judge a book by its cover" when I'm out thrifting. So, despite the labelling, I was curious what lay hidden in this unusual bit of packaging.

Ah-ha! Not one bit of tailored underwear inside, rather the delightful find of a needlework kit. All the necessary components included: floss, tablelinen and pattern!
It may have been a misleading package, but it turns out to be the perfect sized box for keeping the materials organized and ready for me to get stitching. I will have to find a new use for the box once I complete the tablecloth, because this box is just too fun to get rid of. It could be used as a gift box. I guess it would be a surefire way to embarass a teenage boy that has a birthday coming up. Should I tell him that packaging can be misleading? ;o)

4 comments:

  1. This is fun! What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my! What a great find! I might have had to look inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that box is great! the green color is fabulous and what a wonderful treasure inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed when you mentioned how you might reuse the box. It brought back memories. I once reused a box for a Christmas gift for my daughter. It was fun to see the expression on her face when she tore off the wrapping to see a picture of a men's urinal on the outside of the box.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...