Winter white is here!

Here's the view I had today from one of the windows in my sewing space. My picture doesn't do it justice. The trees look magical and I'm enjoying the tranquil view of them.
I have several projects on the go and have nothing finished to share at the moment. One project that's been in the works for a little while is my Bento Box quilt. I thought I'd try making a pieced back for it using only fabric that I have in my stash. This is what I came up with. I love that Robert Kaufman print (I wish I'd had enough to make the whole back from it...).


After much deliberating, I decided not to use it as the backing. So off to the stash for something different. I've dug out a vintagey print that I had passed on to me from my mother in law. She bought yards and yards of it back in the 70's when she started to make a king size quilt in rusts and browns. Anyways, I think the retro fabric will work better for the backing.
I now have my quilt top basted and awaiting to be machine quilted as you can see from all the pins in the picture below.

Now if I can just decide how I will quilt this and what to use for the binding... I can get this quilt off my to-do list.






Comments

  1. I love the backing ... or whatever it is now. The quilt also looks lovely. Enjoy quilting.
    Andi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that backing, or like Andi said "whatever it is now" is great! I am sure whatever you use it for will be beautiful!
    Great quilt top so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You keep amazing me with your talent, Katherine and to be able to sew with a snowy, beautiful view, must be fantastic.

    We are crossing our fingers to get some snow here in Denmark as well ;0)

    Have a nice day :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been enjoying our new snow, too. I couldn't get the camera to capture the beauty of it, either.

    your bento box looks so lovely!!! I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a similar view from my window!
    Love the bento box! Did I say this before?
    I think so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The snow looks magical...it would cause of state of emergency here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!