Monday, January 26, 2009

Small and Sweet

I've been trying out projects from Tone Finnanger's book, Sew Pretty Christmas Homestyle in between working on some of my larger sewing projects. These pincushions were a quick and satisfying sewing treat.
You might remember this doll. She is from Sew Pretty Homestyle (one of my favourite sewing inspiration books). I stitched her up a year ago and love her bright outfit.
It seems a shame to stick pins in these! I'm thinking that they would make fun sachets instead of pincushions. I'm picturing a whole group of them - oh, the possibilities! Good thing they're small and quick to make. ;o)

8 comments:

  1. They look just lovely!!! The doll is cute, I love her clothes! Sachets sounds like a good idea to me, vanille or strawberry? So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Katherine they look good enough to eat! I received one as a gift last year and I can't bear to put pins in it either! your dolly is so sweet too..


    Lissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are so very cute and sweet. i think with these, the more the better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are adorable! I'm with you...it just seems wrong to stick pins in something that cute. LOL

    Kimberly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wonder if I could make a cupcake pincushion without a pattern. They would make great little presents for fellow sewers. Thank you Katherine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're adorable. I'll have to look for that book.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...