Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The flowers of my labour

I was working for a couple of days this past week at a 'new to me' job. This was my initial foray back into the world of being an employee and this time it was for a floral shop. After my first day of work, I was given these pink pretties to take home (in large part because they were imperfects that were destined for the bin - lest you all think that flower shops dole out free flowers to all their employees ;o).
The end of day two on the job saw me receiving this gorgeous, sweet smelling hyacinth to add to my fresh bouquet. What a treat!
I'm not sure yet whether I have the job or not, but I will say that fresh flowers are a lovely 'perk' to enjoy.

With job hunting and the work 'trial run' (with all the prep and recovery time that seems to entail) taking up my days, I've only managed a little bit of sewing. Rather coincidentally, the materials I turned to are floral. Maybe work is affecting my creative leanings? ;o)
The above bags are sewn from a type vinyl that I received ages ago in a giveaway from Sonya . The vivid colours are just so cheery and I think the bags would be great for holding toiletries and/or cosmetics. Just that little bit of sewing helps me feed my need to create, but I'm certainly craving more. Good thing I have an endless list of projects to turn to satisfy the craving. LOL
Hope your day is filled with sunshine and flowers. :o)


11 comments:

  1. I love your floral bags! So bright and cheery. :)
    Ya know, I think if I had to get another job, I would want to be in a flower shop or garden center.
    Not that's its easy work, but being surrounded by flowers would surely put me in a better mood. LOL
    (sniff) I can almost smell the hiacynths from here.

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that sounds like a fun job! Hope it works out. and take home flowers sound pretty good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun to be able to bring home flowers! i hope that job works out. and the floral zip pouches are lovely! (i bet the fabric choices are influenced by your work. i find that i usually dress in the same color scheme that i am working on in my quilts.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The job sounds lovely and I hope it works out for you! I always enjoy to shop for flowers and love to see how they put together the bouquets.

    The zippered pouches are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THat's a pretty good perk! I'm sure there's scope to explore your creativity in a job like that - lots of colours and textures.... you'll be looking at floral fabrics with a completely different eye, too! Hope it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd be hopeless in a flower shop (permanent hay fever!) but I love to look at flowers. Hope the job works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It must be Spring -- everything's coming up floral!

    I like your new job -- hope it's something that turns out good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the flowers and pouch too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely flowers! Imagine working in a chocolate shop and taking home the imperfects! Not sure if that would be a good thing or not??

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bags are happy ones . Lucky you getting those lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...