Spring to Finish

Jacquie over at Tallgrass Prairie Studio is underway with the 2010 Spring to Finish Challenge and I'm joining the fun. I have high ambitions for completing a total of 10 unfinished projects before the end of the Challenge. Kinda scary to be admitting that I have a good ten unfinished projects kicking about my sewing room. Gulp.

The project at the top of my list is my Bento Box quilt. Last night, I finished machine quilting it. Here's a glimpse of it...
I tried a random straight line quilting for this quilt. I haven't tried this on anything larger than a tablerunner before and am still adjusting to the look. Funny enough, I really like it from the back (photo below).


Okay, I'm off to toss that binding fabric into the dryer. With any luck I'll get it cut and pieced together tonite. Good luck to all of you and your spring projects! Here's to a productive and creative month for us all.



Comments

  1. I like the way in which you chose to machine quilt this. I have only machine quilted in the ditch and am trying to get up the nerve to try free motion quilting. This might be a nice intermediate step for me to try. It looks great! Still loving the colours:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the almost finish..it always feels good to get something scratched off the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the straight line quilting Katherine! Here’s to an almost finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is ambitious, but on on the other hand, isn't it wonderful to get those projects done? You Bento Quilt looks good, you can cross it off your list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ten projects to finish - good luck - looks like you are making a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great. I like the idea of this random straight line quilting. Is it literally that - randomly machining straight lines across the quilt from edge to edge?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!