Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Another journal cover!

It seems that these journal covers are my latest favourite way to turn fabric scraps into something useful.  Each time I look at the scrap collection I visualize another journal cover!

Making one in bright pinks and greens is a cheerful contrast to the grey and very rainy fall here.  I'm completing these covers just in time as I find I've got all sorts of planning and creative brainstorming I need to get down on paper.  Hopefully, these journal covers will give my writing a much needed creative boost.  September seems like the right month for planning out goals and dreaming up dreams for the months ahead.
You know I can't resist sharing what the whole cover looks like...
I pushed myself to incorporate as many of the tiniest pieces that I possibly could.   The more fabrics, the better when it comes to scrappy patchwork! ;o)
The pink variegated thread I bought for making this quilt, was used to simply stipple quilt all this patchy goodness together.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! What an awesome idea, they would make great gifts as well.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...