Friday, September 10, 2010

Blue Patchwork Journal Cover

For my dear friend, Heather, I made a journal cover using scraps of blue fabric.  I dove into the stash of fabric samples from my thrifty adventures and included pieces from some of my own personal projects.

Here's a look at the complete outside of the cover, laid flat,

and here's the inside of the cover.
These quilted covers are such a simple and pleasing way to dress up a plain journal.   Did I mention that they are also a fun way to use up scraps?  I like to think they also make nice gifts. ;o)

7 comments:

  1. you are going to have to show me how to make these...on Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice I must say, Great idea too, I have done some little notebooks similar to this and have included a little loop for a pen ! Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete
  3. They DO make nice gifts! And last night I was still thinking about whether I should use it as a gratitude journal or a gardening/preserving/wildcrafting record book and then I had the thought...why not both? I'm usually especially grateful when I am gardening, preserving and wildcrafting so why not use it for my gratitude lists mixed in amongst my records of preserving recipes and harvest records. Thank you for such a thoughtful gift (and in the colours I love!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at all those tiny bits of fabric.... you amaze me with your scrappy-quilt projects. What a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are the queen of scrappiness! Love these covers-and i not not too shocked to be seeing a blue one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are beautiful gifts that make your friends very happy!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...